How we respect privacy when dealing with personal information collected by our organisation
SOLE Scotland is a community platform operated by Scot Tech Army Ltd (“Scottish Tech Army”, “STA”). The Scottish Tech Army is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office with reference number ZA799843.
If you have any questions about this notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Scottish Tech Army, 125 Princes Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4AD.
1. Personal data that we process
The following table explains the types of data we collect and the legal basis, under current data protection legislation, on which this data is processed.
Purpose: Register as an individual user of SOLE Scotland platform Contract: you are requesting access to the SOLE Scotland platform as a private individual
Purpose: Register on behalf of a business to trade on SOLE Scotland platform Contract: you are requesting access to the SOLE Scotland platform as a representative of a business or organisation
Purpose: Enrol you as a Local Administrator for a community Contract: to provide you access to administer content in a section of the SOLE Scotland platform on behalf of a community
Purpose: General Administration & Reporting Data: Any of the above Legitimate Interests: for general operational and administrative purposes, e.g. reports and status updates, work delegation, etc
2. How we use your data & when it may be required
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out in the table at the top of this policy.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
● reply to enquiries you send to us;
● provide information about the operations of the SOLE platform;
● onboard you as an individual user of the SOLE platform;
● onboard a business or other organisation that you represent to enable you to offer goods or services for sale via the platform;
● general administration and reporting.
We store this information using third-party hosting services based in the European Union.
You may be asked to give further personal data to a third party as part of placing the order(s) for goods or services through the SOLE platform.
3. When we share your data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
● we are required by law to share your data.
In addition, we will only pass data to third parties outside of the EU where appropriate safeguards are in place as defined by Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
4. How long do we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly, once it is no longer required.
Where data is collected on the basis of:
● Contract: for 2 years for audit reasons;
● Consent, we will seek renewal of consent at least every 12 months.
5. Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
● You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information;
● You have the right of access to your information;
● You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website here: https://ico.org.uk/
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us.
Please note that relying on some of these rights, such as the right to delete your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some services to you.
6. Cookies & usage tracking
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded onto your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, like remembering your preferences, recording field entries, and counting the number of people looking at a website.