How we respect privacy when dealing with personal information collected by our organisation
Local High Street is a community platform operated by Optimum capacity Services (“Optimum capacity Services”, “OCS”). The Optimum Capacity Services is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office with reference number XXXXX.
If you have any questions about this notice, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at: 31 Bowers Drive, Silverdale, Newcastle, England, ST5 6SL.
1. Personal data that we process
The following table explains the types of data we collect and the legal basis, under current data protection legislation, on which this data is processed.
Purpose Data (key elements) Basis
Data (Key Elements)
Register as an individual user of Local High Street
Contract: you are requesting access to the Local Highstreet platform as a private individual
Register on behalf of a business to trade on Local High Street platform
Contract: you are requesting access to the Local High Street platform as a representative of a business or organisation
Enrol you as a Local Administrator for a community
Contract: to provide you access to administer content in a section of the Local High street platform on behalf of a community
General Administration & Reporting Any of the above Legitimate Interests
Any of the above
For general operational and administrative purposes, e.g. reports and status updates, work delegation, etc
2. How we use your data & when it may be required
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out in the table at the top of this policy.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
● reply to enquiries you send to us;
● provide information about the operations of the Local High Street platform;
● onboard you as an individual user of the Local High Street platform;
● onboard a business or other organisation that you represent to enable you to offer goods or services for sale via the platform;
● general administration and reporting.
We store this information using third-party hosting services based in the European Union.
You may be asked to give further personal data to a third party as part of creating content or placing order(s) for goods or services through the Local High Street platform.
3. When we share your data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
· we are required by law to share your data.
· We provide personalised recommendations based on your stated preferences and opt in
In addition, we will only pass data to third parties outside of the EU where appropriate safeguards are in place as defined by Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
4. How long we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly, once it is no longer required.
Where data is collected on the basis of:
● Contract: for 2 years for audit reasons;
● Consent, we will seek renewal of consent at least every 12 months.
5. Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
● You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information;
● You have the right of access to your information;
● You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website here: https://ico.org.uk/
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us.
Please note that relying on some of these rights, such as the right to deleting your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some services to you.
6. Cookies & usage tracking
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, like remembering your preferences, recording field entries and counting the number of people looking at a website.